His great-great-great-grandfather Charles H. Pownall is rumored to have fallen for a mermaid via her enchantingly melodious siren song one hundred and fifty years ago.
After forced to accept the fact that merpeople were real all along, he undress his shirt and sees some scales on his left torso, as undeniable proof for him that he is a distant descendant of merpeople.
Physical Appearance Edit
He is quite tall and slim, with a short beard. On his lower left torso, he notices some scales that proves to him, and to all, that he is indeed a descendant of both merpeople and human.
Appearing as a soft-hearted man, he is quite taken with the benefits of money and power, despite the fact they they leave harmful even lethal affects on the ecosystem.
- Pilot (first appearance)
- The Lure
- Interview With a Mermaid
- On the Road
- Curse of the Starving Class
- Being Human
- Street Fight
- The Arrival
- Primal Instincts
- Distress Call (cameo)
- No North Star
- Mixed Signals
- The Last Mermaid
- New World Order (nightmare)
- He and his younger son Doug were funding the Kosclo Oil project in taking natural oil from the depths of the oceans. He claimed to be doing so in order to help his wife from the extensive pain she recently received from the treatment via the late Donna's mermaid DNA.
- He makes more appearances than his wife and youngest son do.
- In Episode 19, he glimpses a mermaid in blurred footage of the collapsing oil rig, which startles him and continues to look at it from time to time; perplexed.
- In the penultimate episode of Season 2, it is revealed that had, in truth, indirectly encountered a mermaid when diving in to save his wife, but dismissed as mere delusion
- He finally notices some scaly parts on his lower left torso, which reveals that, like Helen, he is a distant descendant of both species