Ben, Maddie and the other humans deal with the fallout from the attack on the oil rig, while the mermaids return to their ocean home. Ryn comes back to land to follow through on an agreement she made with the military.
|Note: This section is a stub. You can help Siren Wiki by expanding it.|
Nicole: "They're basically an endangered species. You have to curious about their lives."
Maddie: "They're not lab rats. You can't just put them in a cage and study them."
Ben: "One of them broke out and she killed a bunch of people. Do you want a repeat of that?"
Nicole: "I'm talking about a whole new way of working with them."
Helen: " How are the others? He gave this to you?"
Ryn: "In water, many hurt. He saved them. But he die."
Ben: "No, no, no. You're good."
Ryn: "She sleep now."
Ben: "What was that?"
Ryn: "In water, some learn this to help with pain. I never try before."
Ben: "Like healing."
Ryn: " No. Not heal. Move pain away. Why Ben's mother hurt?"
Ben: "She tried to get some medicine that would help her, but...it hurt her."
Ryn: "Ben is love. Ben's mother is love. I help Ben."
Elaine Pownall: "Who was that woman with you?"
Ben Pownall: "Just a friend."
Elaine Pownall: "Hmm."
Ben Pownell: "I got you. Better?"
Elaine Pownell: "Yeah."
Ben Pownell: "Mom, why didn't you tell me that you started the trial?"
Elaine Pownell: "With everything happening between you and your father, I-I didn't want to upset you."
Ben Pownell: "Hey. Forget about me, okay? Let's worry about you right now. "
Elaine Pownell: "I just feel so foolish."
Ben Pownell: "No. Mom, you're not foolish.
Elaine Pownell: "I just thought, treatment worked for some people. Why not me?"
- The song that lays in the opening is "The Dark Side" by Muse. "Something In The Air" by Steelfeather plays when Ryn explores the hospital seeing many patients in their rooms, it plays again when Ryn gets her blood drawn at the naval research facility.
- The title proves that the North Star was indeed destroyed via the fiery explosion in the previous episode. Fortunately. Xander and Calvin managed to escape alive.
- Xander tells Maddie that he did not file an insurance claim for the North Star, Xander explains that he was handed the life of a fisherman; it was never a choice.
- Xander takes up a job offer as a bartender at the Anchor Bar.
- Beth Marzdan, Rick's estranged sister, appears for the first time and is revealed to have known about mer-people all along.
- We learn from Helen that a divergence occurred in the kinship, which is what led to there being hybrids in the lineage.
- Elaine's clinical trial was being conducted by a doctor from the University of Washington that Aldon Decker knew, she experienced complications from it. There's a risk that the paralysis may spread to her lungs.
- Elaine's last doctor prescribed her Tramadol. Tramadol is a pharmaceutical drug that can help the taker treat his/her their moderate to severe pain, but it can cause respiratory distress and possibly death when taken in high doses or when combined with other substances, especially alcohol.
- We learn that Ryn's mermaid tribe learns a different song, one that can alleviate pain and stress.
- For the first time we see a merfolk's burial as Sarge's body was buried under the sand.
- While Katrina and Cami were hunting for fish, they come across a plane wreck and hear loud pounding from inside. Katrina enters the wreckage and discovers an elderly mermaid inside, still alive.
- It is revealed that Klesco Oil secretly had another video recording of the action from the previous episode. Ted Pownall glimpses at the footage and he sees a mermaid for the very first time.
- Ben learns from his older brother Doug that Pownell Seafood is in serious debt. A couple tough years of fishing and their mother's medical expenses are what the issues are, but most importantly we learn that these problems are the reason Ted made the deal with Klesco Oil.
- Ben learns that Nicole has Decker's research on aquatic stem cells that could help his mother Elaine. He tells Ryn that they will be there every step of the way with unlimited access in and out of the facility, Ryn agrees to this as she does want to help Ben's mother.
- Spoiler TV — "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Thursday 13th June 2019" (June 14, 2019)
- Spoiler TV — "Siren - Episode 2.09 - No North Star - Press Release, Promotional Photos & Sneak Peeks" (June 11, 2019)