A mysterious woman with her own agenda, catches Xander’s eye when she moves to town, temporarily distracting him from the painful death of his father.
Her family is mainly military-oriented and her father wanted her along with her older brother to enroll in the military. Even though her father forbade her to do anything that would "ruin her academic reputation" she secretly played video games. One day when her brother was enlisted to Iraq, he was hit by an IED but thankfully, he survived. She got enlisted on a project that dealt with "exotic" stem cells (which was later revealed to be work on Merfolk), and she volunteered to help out.
Nicole is a pretty, attractive young woman with a slender body with a slight curve at her torso. She has tan skin, dark eyes, and long, flowing, black hair that goes down her shoulders
Under the guise of a civilian, Nicole displays curiosity and later affection towards Xander, even up to the point that they have sex together. In reality, she is very secretive as she is working undercover for the military as she resumes the military's plans for the merpeople.
Throughout the Series
She appears to have replaced the late Aldon Decker in assisting the military in the secret project in tracking down and experimenting on more merfolk. At first, she appeared to be a "new girl" in town and got into a relationship with Xander, but in reality when she was alone, it was revealed that she was secretly working for the military.
Beginning in "No North Star", she supervises the personnel at the naval research facility study and make harmless observations. However, when Ben discovered the hidden cameras that were placed in his houseboat, trust begin to be severed.
- "The Arrival"
- "The Wolf at the Door"
- "Natural Order"
- "Oil & Water"
- "Primal Instincts"
- "Distress Call"
- "No North Star"
- "All In"
- "Mixed Signals"
- "Borders" (mentioned)
- She is second female to work for the U.S. military, the other being Nina who debuted in Season 1.
- She is oblivious to the fact that there are hybrids living in and around Bristol Cove.
- It is revealed that she had installed three security cameras in Ben's home at the end of "Serenity".
- She is absent in "The Outpost" and "The Last Mermaid", in which she is referenced/mentioned several times by Xander and Ben.
- According to a woman at the Siren Song Motel, where Nicole stayed in "Entrapment", Nicole had an argument with David Kyle a few days prior, who had her come reluctantly with him back to base.
- Her whereabouts are currently unknown.
|“||I been tracking and I was led straight to the alpha. You should see this one. She's highly evolved, rational even. Which leaves me to reconsider the strategy. It feels misguided to capture by force. If I can convince her to come willingly, I think we'll get a lot more out of her.||”|
|— Nicole to her superior|
|“||I'm not gonna hurt you. I just didn't except you to be so...human.||”|
|— Nicole to Ryn|
|“||That's not everything I wanted. Look, I don't except you to forgive me. I mean, how could you? You don't even know me.||”|
|— Nicole to Xander|
|“||My older brother was deployed two weeks ago; a wreck. I had nothing to look after him. Grew up in a military family, so it was kinda the thing to do.||”|
|— Nicole explaining her background to Xander|
- ↑ Deadline — Paulina Singer Joins ‘Tell Me A Story’; ‘Siren’ Casts Natalee Linez (August 28, 2018)