Ryn returns to land to explore human motherhood. Maddie and Robb come across a gruesome discovery. Ben experiences mysterious side effects and Ted confronts Helen.
|Note: This section is a stub. You can help Siren Wiki by expanding it.|
- The episode takes its title from a maternal class Ryn and Maddie attend.
- There, she learns about "attachment parenting", how a lullaby can calm a baby to sleep, and what it feels to have a human maternal instinct.
- Ted researches and finds articles that tell of previous events that occurred such as: Donnie Price's murder in ""The Mermaid Discovery"", Sean McClure's death in "Dead in the Water", Glen Jenkins' death at the Siren Song Motel in "Primal Instincts", and the shootings that occurred in "Street Fight".
- We learn more about the merfolk's anthropology. When a merbaby is born in the matriarch society, the mermen take the baby back to the colony so that they may teach it how to survive and hunt in the ocean. The mother does not see the child again until it reaches a mature age. Another thing is that the mermen trigger a different hormonal response in the young, affecting their development.
- Patti McClure makes her first appearance since "Leverage".
- Maddie and Robb find the deceased half-transformed mermaid in the warehouse of the Marine Research Center.
- Ben starts documenting his aquatic stem cell experimentation in video journals. He describes the physiology changes he's experienced: heightened senses, accelerated healing, increased endurance, and an increased lung capacity; he was able to hold his breath underwater for more than 10 minutes.
- Katrina joins Tia's colony after being given an ultimatum. Her mermaid form transitions and now bears the same physiological appearance as Tia.
- Maddie: "Ryn, what made you come back so soon? Is it Tia?"
- Ryn: "No. I want my baby to learn about sea and land, to know both worlds. Like I do. I want you to show me how to be a mother on land."
- ―Ryn reveals why she's back on land.
|“||We have come to take baby.||”|
|“||I will protect. I promise.||”|
|— Levi to Ben|
|“||All of you have a choice. Join us... OR DIE.||”|
|— Tia to Ryn's colony|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.