Ben and Maddie help Ryn guide her surrogate though a life-threatening delivery. Helen and Xander deliver a hybrid corpse to Beth at Caspian Ranch. Xander faces danger on the high seas during a ride-along with the Bristol Cove water patrol.
|Note: This section is a stub. You can help Siren Wiki by expanding it.|
Special Guest Star
- This episode marks the first time a merbaby appears and is born in the series.
- Due to her human body being incompatible for a merbaby, Meredith dies from the strains of heart failure and childbirth.
- It is revealed that the hybrids' blood is different because of the different chemical composition of it, as green flames appeared in the cremation of Bryan's corpse.
- A green color most commonly indicates the presence of copper (II) ions. Hence, it can be deduced that copper may be a trace element present in hybrids' blood.
- When Ben removes the bandage from his hand, the cut had healed fast. This is an sign that the stem cells he injected himself with are giving him the same healing ability as the merfolk.
- Xander's point of view on the merpeople has transitioned, as a police recruit in-training he vows to protect the people he loves.
- Tia successfully unites other merpeople tribe leaders to lead an impending attack on Bristol Cove.
- Meredith: "I used to pretend that I was a full blood, never seen one but I always knew that they would be strong and...beautiful. Like the two of you."
- Ryn: "You are as strong as any in the water."
- Meredith: "It's an honor to do this for you, to have your baby."
- ―Meredith talks to Ryn about having her baby
- Xander: "I just wish I understood why these creatures do what they do."
- Helen: "They have a different moral code than we do."
- Xander: "You think? You call that moral?"
- Helen: "It's primal nature. It's pure, sometimes enviable."
- ―Xander questions the morality of the mermaids
- "Siren". Writers Guild of America West.
- Walt Disney Television Press — Season 1, Episode 4: Life and Death - Press Release (March 18, 2020)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.