Early Life Edit
Years ago, she was severely hurt in a boating accident, thus rendering her legs immobile.
Physical Appearance Edit
Tan skin tone, with gray eyes, and shoulder-length hair that is a dark brown.
Elaine is polite, social, and a very involved woman, whether it be supporting her husband’s politics, her family, etc. Elaine can also be quite overbearing, especially toward her son’s girlfriend.
She also likes to find out information from others, even if she makes the other party uncomfortable, whether intentionally or not.
Season 1 Edit
- Pilot (first appearance)
- Interview With a Mermaid
- Curse of the Staving Class
- Being Human
- Street Fight
Season 2 Edit
- Natural Order
- Distress Call
- No North Star
- All In
- Mixed Signals
- New World Order
- Her name is a play on the woman who portrays Ryn
- Her maiden name and relatives are unknown.
- Elaine was very interested in Aldon Decker’s stem cell research, entirely unaware that it was on Donna's mermaid DNA,which would probably help her to walk again. This is revealed to be probable in "Leverage" when she informs Ted that she is unaware of the treatment she received at the clinic, which is causing great pain her immobile legs.
- Since receiving some of Ryn's mermaid stem cells, the paralysis in her system is somewhat neutralized, enabling her to have felt her husband's hand when he touched her leg
- It was she who led Helen to discover that she had another distant blood relative after running a DNA test by sealing Helen's coffee cup.
- She also assists her husband and son in funding Kelsco Oil as she believes that the only way Bristol Cove can be represented is by creating more jobs, not caring about the devastating affects it causes for the living creatures of the seas; from whales, to sea lions, to merpeople.