|“||In God we trust, others we monitor.||”|
|— A motto he learned early in his military career|
Throughout The Series
David Kyle makes he debuts in "Entrapment" when Nicole Martinez contacts him via iPhone and tells him how highly evolved Ryn really is. Beginning in "All In", he works with Ben and Maddie in the military's harmless research on Ryn. In "The Last Mermaid", Ben learns about how he dug up the skeletal remains of Helen's mermaid/human hybrid family as well as Donna's corpse
In "Borders" David Kyle talks with Ben, he tells him that they acquired Donna's corpse as a new source for the mermaid stem cells to give to Elaine at an increased dosage. David Kyle receives text messages from Ben's phone (sent by Tia) telling him to come meet at the docks, there Tia ambushes him, stabs him with her barbed stinger, and drags his body down into the water killing him.
- Entrapment (debut appearance)
- Mixed Signals
- The Outpost
- The Last Mermaid
- He appears to have replaced Admiral Harrison, as he no longer appeared after the first season.
- His death is investigated off-screen, with the introduction of his successor Commander Anderson.
- 'I thought you run away to sea."
- "You out of your depth?"
- "You sure?"
- "Go on."
- "Okay. Do it your way. You have forty-eight hours."
- "The exaction has begun."
- "This eight hundred meters at the bottom of the ocean."
- "Well, it seems to me she should have been restrained."
- "That's not exactly your pay role, is it?"
- "She believes going down with help end the affects of the song?"
- "This sound or song, or whatever it is; make it your top priority."
- "Quite the opposite."
- "There's nothing going on in my lab I don't know about."
- "Oh, your ocean water test came back. We're interested in the fertility research you been doing. Understanding their reproduction is quite important to us."
- "I'd like you to leave."
- "It might be time to put all cards on the table, don't you think?"
- "It's my duty to monitor these creatures, how they behave, if they pose a threat.'
- "But sometimes that's a cost to gaining knowledge."
- "It's all right. We'll take good care of you."